This week I found myself with a lot of left over chicken that I had cooked and put in the fridge. I decided to mix it into something new. This Chicken Fajita Casserole took an interesting turn for a couple of reasons.
First off, I took this chance to make a series of video clips to post the recipe on TikTok. Let’s just say I learned a lot during that process (both what to do, and what NOT to do). Needless to say, I’ve got room for improvement.
Secondly, in trying to make the video I didn’t quite think through what I was doing and made recipe harder on myself than it had to be.
Now that we’ve got that out of the way, on to the recipe. (Note, I had left over cooked chicken and cooked rice that used when making this)
- 26oz Cooked Chicken Breast
- 1 Bag Chopped Onions and Bell Peppers
- 1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 Can Black Beans
- 1 Can Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies
- 1 Cup Rice, Cooked (measured before cooking)
- 1 Packet Fajita Seasoning
- 1 Cup Chicken Broth
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- 8oz Shredded Cheese, Fiesta Blend
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In a large bowl, combine cream of chicken soup, diced tomatoes, chicken broth, sour cream, half of the shredded cheese, fajita seasoning, and chicken. Mix well.
- In a 9×13 pan layer rice, beans, and onion/bell pepper mix.
- Spread on the mixture from step 2.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, then spread the remaining cheese on top to keep baking until melted on top.
I made this divided into 6 containers which yielded the following after entered in MyFitnessPal.
- Calories: 495
- Fat: 22g
- Carbs: 33.6g
- Protein: 38.4g
If you want to watch a quick video of the recipe, visit me on TikTok. Feel free to share on Facebook or Twitter if you enjoyed it!